Sunday, January 23, 2011

Introduction

This blog was created by Kara DeGeneres

The landscape I have chosen is from the movie Avatar. I will specifically focus on the Pandora scenes, where the majority of the movie has taken place.

(Pandora, a look at the land)
I have chosen this location because while recently watching the movie I experienced a variety of different land formations and different geographical features that I feel we will learn in the semester to come.  It will be interesting to see if movies really do pay attention to geography as well as we think they do.

Image from http://www.duffyleadership.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/avatar-landscape.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I never seen Avatar, because I missed it at I-Max and I wanted to wait to see it if and when it came back to the big screen. I found it interesting that the mountain scenes that were in Pandora were shot from the Zhangjiajie national park. I see myself not waiting for this movie to come back on the big screen and going out and renting it. The pictures of the movie scenes are way to beautiful to pass up.

    ReplyDelete